This guide shows how to register a protected
.ron domain name.
Protected names are reserved for brands and businesses by Sky Mavis and cannot be purchased by anyone else. Sky Mavis provides direct support to prevent anyone from claiming or misusing your protected RNS name. Protected names are listed as Protected in the RNS app.
As long as the owner doesn't sell or transfer their protected RNS name to another wallet, the name and its annual fee are protected. If the name is sold or transferred, it loses its protected status.
The annual renewal fees for protected RNS names are predetermined and are not affected by market fluctuations.
Before you start
Before registering a protected domain, install Ronin Wallet and create an account.
Register a protected domain
If you verified your business with Sky Mavis, then we have already reserved your RNS name and mapped it to your Ronin address. To claim the reserved name, follow the steps in this guide. For non-verified businesses, see the next section.
- Open the RNS app.
- Connect the Ronin Wallet to which your domain name is mapped.
- Search for your protected domain name, and then select it to open the domain info page.
- The info page displays the renewal fee, domain tier, as well as other details. Click Register now to begin. The RNS registrar requires one transaction to register a protected name: a registration transaction.
- Select the duration of your registration period in years (1). The renewal fee changes based on how many years you selected. The minimum duration for the registration is 1 year. Notice that the name is set as primary by default (2), which means that it's displayed as your RNS name in all RNS-enabled apps and wallets.
- Click Confirm and pay the renewal fee to register the domain.
- After the registration transaction is complete, your RNS domain name is successfully registered.
You can now see your unique RNS name everywhere across the Ronin ecosystem. To view and manage your RNS names, click Go to My Domains.
To verify your business for a protected name registration, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll guide you through the process.